The Member for Melton, Don Nardella MLA will be holding free submission writing workshops in both Melton and Bacchus Marsh to assist residents seeking to have an input into the Victorian government’s Royal Commission into Family Violence, announced recently.
The workshops will include:
Why the Royal Commission was established and an examination of the ‘terrifying’ extent of family violence in Victoria. For example there were 44 family FV related deaths in 2013, and over 65,000 (reported) FV incidents in 2013/14. The cost to the community was around $3.4 Billion in 2009 and FV is viewed as the biggest contributor to ill health and premature death for Victorian women aged between 15-44 years.
Scope of Commission
- Will include:
- The examination and evaluation of strategies, policies, services etc
- The investigation of the means of having systematic responses, especially between legal services, police, corrections, child protection, support services etc
- The investigation of government agencies/ community organisations regarding better integration/co-ordination of services
- The provision of recommendations
- Examining ways which could improve the system and pressures currently being experienced given the huge volume of those affected by FV.
Workshops will be run in both Melton & Bacchus Marsh. Duration will be for about one hour.
- Melton Library (Theatrette) – 7.00-8.30pm, Wednesday 01 April 2015
- Bacchus Marsh Library – 7.00-8.30pm, Tuesday 07 April 2015
Please call Don’s office on 9743 9825 with any enquiries.